- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- In light of 1 Pet 4:7, is there anything in your life right now that tempts you to live only for the moment, without any regard for eternity? If so, how does this happen, and what ought you to do in order to foster a more eternal mindset?
- What hinders people from showing hospitality without grumbling (1 Pet 4:9)? What hinders you? Who in the church or out of the church would you like to exercise hospitality towards this summer?
- Peter mentions in 4:11 stewarding the gifts God has given to us. Looking at Rom 12:6–8 and 1 Cor 12:8–10, 28, what is at least one spiritual gift you have? How ought you steward your spiritual gift(s) for the edification of others in our church?
- Which of the instructions in verse 8–11 do you find easiest to follow? What is one that you find more difficult?
- Share a time that another believer was a good example of these qualities. In what ways did their example glorify God?
- Take time to pray for yourself and for others at GCC, that we would be self-controlled and eagerly anticipating Christ’s return. Pray that our hospitality, service, and gracious speech would cause God to be glorified in our own life and by those around us.