- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read 2 John. What does it mean to walk in the truth (v4) and walk according to his commandments (v5)? (See James 1:22-25). Do you rejoice when you see others walking in the truth? How does your walk demonstrate your love for God?
- What kinds of false teachers/deceivers do we face today? How can we be on-guard against them? What roles do spritual disciplines, theology, and doctrine play in this?
- What are some ways of the ways that you have seen false teachers trying to deceive people?
- What implications do verses 10-11 have regarding church governance, church membership, and restorative church discipline?
- What implications does John’s example in verse 12 have for us in our mass-communication, technology-driven culture?