- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read 3 John. Compare the instructions in 3 John 5-8 with that of 2 John 7-11. Based on these two passages, what responsibilites do we have in regards to partnering with others for the gospel?
- What evidences of sinful pride do we see in the example of Diotrephes in 3 John 9-10? Consider each of Diotrephes’ actions. How would doing the inverse of these actions cultivate attitudes of humility and build unity in the church?
- How are 3 John 9-10 and 13-14 good examples to imitate in admonishing or encouraging other believers? (See also Matt. 18:15)
- What are ways that you and/or your community group can be more involved in supporting gospel workers?