- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Eph. 2:1-3. What does it mean to be “dead in trespasses and sins”? (See Romans 1:18-23, 3:10-18, Eph. 4:18-19.)
- Read Eph. 2:4-10. How does being alive in Christ contrast with the deadness of verses 1-3? (See Galatians 5:13-26)
- How are you tempted to fall back into the Galatians 5:19-21 way of life? Spend some time in prayer asking God to show you any sinful way in your life and confess that sin to God. Ask God to grow you in the evidences of life found in Galatians 5:22-24.
- What role do works play in Eph. 2:8-10? How does this impact the way you view your own spiritual walk? How does it affect the way you view yourself in relation to unbelievers or other believers?
- What was your understanding of the Gospel before you were saved? How has your understanding of the Gospel changed since then? How would you use this passage to help a non-Christian understand the Gospel?