- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 4:17-24. Compare the differences between the old self and the new self. How does Galatians 5:16-26 help us to apply Ephesians 4:17-24?
- What causes the differences between the old self (futile way of the Gentiles) and the righteous way of the new self? (Compare Ephesians 4:18 with Ephesians 4:20-21.)
- When you consider the ignorance and hardness of heart that alienates from God (v18) and the difference that being taught the truth of Christ makes (verses 20-21) why is it important to be discerning in the things you allow to influence your life? What are some examples of being discerning in regards to the way you spend your time, the people you hang out with, the music you listen to, movies you watch, etc.?
- Are there traces of the “old self” that you still deal with in your own life? How does the reminder of the truth of Christ encourage you? What are ways your community group can help you in the process of renewing your mind?