- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 4:25-27. How might this passage, impact the way you interact with other when you are angry? According to verse 27, what is really at stake when believers are angry with one another? How does this affect the value you place on unity within the body of Christ?
- Read Ephesians 4:28-30. What criteria are given for speech? What are some ways in which a believer’s speech could grieve the Holy Spirit?
- Read Ephesians 4:31-32. What contrasts can be drawn between the things listed in verse 31 and the things listed in verse 32? According to verse 32, what is the motivation and the source of our ability to do these things?
- Other than the five specific areas of the Christian life addressed in this passage, what are some other areas in which you need to continually apply the “put off” and “put on” pattern of Ephesians 4? What Scripture passages do you use to “renew” your mind and guide you in that process?