- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- How do you regularly prepare your heart to receive God’s Word? (James 1:21) Is there a practice that you find particularly helpful that might aid others in their reception of God’s Word?
- How is God’s Word a mirror for your life? What are some practical ways to make sure you are “looking intently” into the mirror of God’s Word instead of just “glancing” at it? (see Psalm 119:105)
- How can you apply “visiting orphans and widows” in our culture and what does it mean to “keep oneself unstained from the world”? (James 1:27) Which of those do you find it easier to focus on? What are some ways you can improve in those areas?
- Since religious works can be manufactured and deceptive, how can you know the difference between counterfeit and true good works?