- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Do you find it easier to honor God with your speech in conversations with Christians or with non-Christians? Who or what do your conversations tend to focus on in each of those situations (yourself, others, God, entertainment, etc.)?
- How have you seen the destructive power of the tongue impact your own life or the lives of others?
- When have you witnessed or experience the power of words in building someone up?
- How do the words you use reveal what is in your heart?
- When do you find it most difficult to control your tongue? What can you do to find victory over temptation in such situations? What are some ways you can prepare for such situations ahead of time by giving the Holy Spirit control over your speech?