- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Psalm 2:3. Does God really keep the nations enslaved in bonds and cords? Is this portrayal of the Lord and His Anointed accurate? Why or why not?
- Read 2 Samuel 7:12-17. How does this passage inform your understanding of Psalm 2 and the role of the Anointed Son?
- What does Psalm 2 reveal about where the Psalmist found hope (refuge) in a raging world? How do you respond when the nations rage and the peoples plot around you?
- Read Joshua 24:14 and Psalm 55:5. How do these verses inform your understanding and application of what it means for you to “Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling?” (Psalm 2:11)
- Take time to praise Jesus as the Anointed King over all the nations, and to pray for one another in your community group.