- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 1:1-6. What are some spiritual blessings we have been blessed with? (Several are mentioned in verses 1-14.)
- Who is doing the actions in verses 1-6? How does this inform your understanding of your relationship with God? (See also 1 Corinthians 1:27-31, Romans 5:8-11, Ephesians 2:1-10)
- What does verse 4 say we have been chosen for? How does this truth impact your understanding of the Christian walk? (See also 1 Peter 1:13-16)
- What is the motivator for the purpose of God’s will in verse 5? How does this motivate you to respond to God’s work in your life? (See also 1 John 4:7-11)
- For further study, read Romans 9:1-29. How does this passage in Romans contribute to our understanding of God’s choice in salvation?