- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 5:1-2. How do we imitate God as we walk in love? (See John 10:11 and Philippians 2:4)
- Read Ephesians 5:3-4. What six sins are we instructed to “put off”? What light does 2 Corinthians 6:16-7:1 shed on this idea of putting off filthiness?
- Consider Ephesians 5:4 along with Matthew 12:33-37. Why is it so crucial to be holy even in our speech? (See also James 3:1-12)
- Read Ephesians 5:5-14. When you consider the contrast between light and darkness in this passage, ask yourself whether there are certain areas of your life – your thought processes, your attitudes, your social media habits – that are living in darkness or perhaps living in a “gray” zone. Are there changes you need to make in your life, based on Paul’s admonition to live in the light? How can your community group help you make these changes?