- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 5:25-27. What kind of love is described in this passage? What are its motivators and its goals? Husbands, what are some practical examples of how displaying this kind of love towards your wife is different than worldly expressions of love?
- Husbands, what are some ways you can encourage holiness in your wife by your own words, actions, or example? Is holiness something you desire in your marriage?
- Read Ephesians 5:28-30. Husbands, consider the way you talk about your wife among your peers. (Such as at work or with other guys.) Do you speak as highly about your wife as you do about yourself? Does the way you talk about your wife convey that you cherish her, or are you tempted to build yourself up at her expense by complaining about what you have to put up with at home? What are some ways you can be intentional about cultivating in your own heart the kind of love mentioned in these verses?
- Read Ephesians 5:31-33. When you consider that marriage is meant to be a picture of Christ’s sacrificial and unceasing love for us, how does that impact the way you view your own responsibility in your marriage? How does it impact the value you place on your marriage and on the marriages of other believers you know?