- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 6:1-4. What command is given to children and by whose authority? Whose instruction are fathers to teach their children? How does the reality that God is the ultimate authority impact the way you instruct and discipline your children?
- Based on verses 2 and 3, how significant is it to God that children obey their parents? (See also Romans 1:28-32, 2 Timothy 3:1-5). How does the truth that discipline and instruction are not just culturally or socially important, but are spiritually significant, impact the way you instruct your children?
- Parents, does the way you spend time and the emphasis you place on various activities show your children that you value the instruction of the Lord? How are these values modeled in the way your children’s time is scheduled?
- What are some practical ways an adult child could honor her parents? What does I Timothy 5:3-4 say about this?