- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Acts 19:21-27. What are the primary motivators (idols) in Demetrius’ life? What are the primary motivators in your life? Are any of them in opposition to the work of Christ in you? If so, confess them and ask your community group to help you stay on guard against such motivators.
- Read Acts 19:28-34. Have you experienced any times when living as a Christian brought opposition from your peers? What are some truths/values in Scripture that are an affront to our culture?
- Read Acts 19:35-41. Notice how God protected the disciples, both from being attacked by the rioters, and from being involved in the riot. How can this reminder of God’s protection be applied to our own lives in situations where we feel the urge to stand up for ourselves or prove that we’re right?
- Take time to pray that God would help you to be a light to the people around you and a testimony to non-believers, even those who loudly oppose the Gospel.