- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 6:10-12. How do the truths of this passage affect the way you respond to sin your life, things that tempt you, trials you face, or conflict you may have with others? Is there a Scripture passage that you can think of that would be helpful for a particular “battle” in your life right now?
- Read 1 Peter 5:8. When you consider that our lives are part of a spiritual battle, and that the devil is seeking to devour you, are there any areas of your life that come to mind where you might have your guard down? What would it look like to strengthen your armor in those areas?
- What godly characteristics are mentioned in Ephesians 6:13-17 and should be evident in the life of a believer? Is there any characteristic that you have questions about. Which characteristic do you find is the easiest to identify in your own life? Which one is the most difficult?
- Having put on the armor, we are told in Ephesians 6:18-20 to pray at all times and to keep alert with all perseverance. Consider how much more vulnerable a soldier is (even in full armor) if they are not alert. What are some ways that “praying at all times” can help you stay alert against the devils’ attacks?
- Paul concludes his letter to the Ephesian believers by expressing his desire to encourage them. What is a practical way you could encourage another believer this week?