What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Genesis 17:1-2. What command did God give Abram? What similar command are we given in 1 Peter 1:14-16? How does God describe Himself in each of those passages? How do those attributes about God give you assurance that His promises can be trusted?
- In Genesis 17 God gave circumcision as the sign of the Abrahamic Covenant. Today, God has given us baptism as the initiating sign of a person’s entrance into the New Covenant (Colossians 2:11-12). If you have been baptized, share your baptism story with others in your group. If not, then prayerfully consider what is keeping you from walking in obedience to Christ. (See Matthew 28:19-20)
- Read Deuteronomy 3:24. What are some of God’s mighty acts recorded in the Bible? What were some times that God showed himself to be mighty in your own life?
- When was a situation when you had to wait for a long time for God to answer your prayer or provide according to His promises? What verses help you to trust in God and His timing?
- Take time to pray for each of the members in your community group by name, praying that God would grow their trust in His provision and timing, and then take time praising God for His power, faithfulness, goodness, and holiness.