- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Have you ever had a circumstance in which you felt like the Lord was asking you to sacrifice an “Isaac” in your life?
- In being willing to sacrifice his son, Abraham demonstrated a desire not to withhold even the things most dear to him. How does this idea of “not withholding” anything from God encourage and/or challenge you?
- Is there a certain situation in your life that is causing you to feel like you’re sacrificing for the Lord? How can your community group, your friends, your church help and encourage you in this situation?
- In what areas of your life can Abraham’s example of faith encourage you?
- Abraham could trust the Lord for the specific promise of an heir. What promises of the Lord can encourage you right now? What promises of the Lord could encourage someone in a season of difficult trial?