- Since it’s our Community Group kick-off week, pick one (or two or three!) of the following questions to share with your group to get to know each other a bit better:
- What are you reading right now, outside the Bible? What is your opinion of it?
- Do you have any vacation plans this summer?
- How has God encouraged you recently in your life?
- What’s one of the biggest stressors in your life right now?
How has God shown His faithfulness to you?
- What have you been reading in your Bible recently? What has been meaningful from this?
- What was a main take-away from the sermon that you found particularly helpful/convicting/encouraging?
- Have you ever felt you have “wrestled with God,” perhaps with understanding a certain Biblical truth, or in your prayer life? What happened? What was the outcome of this “wresting”?
- The Lord humbled Jacob by touching his hip and making him limp. Have you had a situation or season in your life where you sensed the Lord taught you about humility? Share how the Lord used this situation in your life.
- Jacob says in verse 30 of Genesis chapter 32, “I have come face to face with God.” In what situation in your life have you sensed the Lord revealed himself to you in a more distinct way?