+ Application Questions
- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What person in your life comes to mind when you think of someone walking with humility? How has he or she modeled humility well?
- Which situation in your life could be aided by your growth in humility?
- Thinking about humility often comes with thinking about the opposite: pride. How do you see pride manifested in your workplace, family, friendships, or even in the church body?
- Read through the following manifestations of pride - the opposite of humility. Which areas do you perhaps struggle with and need to address.
- My practice of the spiritual disciplines is inconsistent and superficial.
- I am often anxious about my life and the future.
- I am very concerned with what people think about me.
- I am self-critical and tend to be a perfectionist.
- I want people to be impressed with me.
- I am overly competitive.
- I tend to feel envious or jealous when those around me are
- I have a know-it-all attitude.
- I have a hard time listening. I often interrupt.
- When listening to a sermon or teacher, I listen with other
people in mind instead of listening with my own heart in mind.