+ Application Questions
- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- Do you find it easier to honor God with your speech in conversations with Christians or with non-Christians? Who or what do your conversations tend to focus on in each of those situations (yourself, others, God, entertainment, etc.)?
- How have you seen the destructive power of the tongue impact your own life or the lives of others?
- When have you witnessed or experienced the power of words in building someone up?
- How do the words you use reveal what is in your heart?
- Read Ephesians 4:28-30. What criteria are given for speech? What are some ways in which a believer’s speech could grieve the Holy Spirit?
- When do you find it most difficult to control your tongue? What can you do to find victory over temptation in such situations?