+ Application Questions
- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- How has last week’s sermon on the character of God been resonating with you throughout this past week? Have you had any specific circumstances when the Lord allowed you to apply a truth from the sermon to your life?
- Who has been influential in your spiritual life, as Paul was to Timothy? When did you become “acquainted with the sacred writings” (childhood? college? adult?)
- How have you seen verse 12 be true in your life or the lives of other believers?
- How is the exhortation to just “continue” one we need to hear at times?
- Is there an area of your life where you just needed to hear the command of “continue” today? (Perhaps you’re feeling weary in a certain area?) How could your friends - your community group - encourage you?
- How could you grow in your value of the Scripture, as it is the very words of God? As you look at your day-to-day life, does the way you read, study, meditate on the Bible match the value of Scripture given here in v16-17? Discuss some ways that your group could spur one another on in your value of Scripture reading.
- How have you seen Scripture equip you for good works in the past? Think about your life and your current stressors - how could you use Scripture to encourage/challenge/change the way you are viewing this situation?