+ Application Questions
- How would one know if another brother or sister is caught in sin? (verse 1)? Do you have friends who know you well enough to know this about your life? (if not, what’s holding you back?) What advice would you give to someone wanting to deepen their vulnerability in friendships?
- Have you ever had to live out verses 1-2, where you confront someone, gently, in regards to their sin? (or have you been the one confronted?) What was the outcome of that situation?
- Verse 2 seems to specifically refer to helping someone with their burden against temptation and spiritual failure. What do you think it looks like to bear someone else’s burden in this way? Do you have a friend in your life whom you could encourage in their specific fight against sin this week? Are you feeling like you are bearing a particularly heavy burden against a specific temptation? Consider sharing this with your group, and letting them “bear it” with you!
- What kind of day-to-day choices could one make that sows to the Spirit? The flesh? What one choice could you make this week to sow to the Spirit more intentionally?
- Is there an area of your life where you’re feeling weary of doing good? How does the exhortation and promise of verse 9 encourage you? Is there someone in your life whom you think is feeling a bit weary? How could you encourage him or her this week?
- How do you think our church is, as a whole, in “doing good” towards each other? Are there areas in which we could grow? How have you had an opportunity in the last few weeks to “do good” towards another member?