- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Genesis 25:21-22. When was a time when you asked God, “Why is this happening to me?” What was something God taught you in that situation?
- What does Genesis 25:23 tell you about God, His purposes, His attributes, and His character?
- What are some evidences that Esau is more concerned about worldly things than about spiritual things? (See Genesis 25:29-34) Are there areas in your life where this may be true of you?
- What are some practical steps you can take to guard against making rash or emotionally-driven decisions and to grow in godly wisdom? How can your community group and other believers help in this?
- Take time to pray for yourself and for others at GCC, that we’d be a people who value spiritual things above earthly things, that by our actions or words we would not despise God’s blessings in our lives, and that we would be careful to seek godly wisdom when making decisions instead of acting rashly.