- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Philemon 1:1-7. What kinds of things do you typically pray for? Do you take time to thank God for other believers you know and pray for their spiritual effectiveness?
- Read Philemon 1:8-16. Are there areas in your own life where you need to pursue reconciliation? Are there ways you can be like Paul and promote reconciliation in the lives of others?
- What are some ways you can practice and encourage culture-defying unity in the body of Christ?
- Paul challenged Philemon to transform his view of Onesimus from being his slave to being his brother. Read Matthew 12:46-50, Luke 8:19-21, and Mark 10:28-30. How does Jesus transform the idea of family? How does that impact how you view/interact with other believers?
- Read Philemon 1:17-25. In what way does Paul follow Christ’s example in how he treats Onesimus? How should this affect the way we treat those who wrong us?