- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Psalm 58:1-5. What are some characteristics of the wicked, based on these verses? Contrast those characteristics with the characteristics of righteousness in James 1:19-27
- Read Psalm 58:6-11. Does this prayer of David make you feel uncomfortable? How might a better understanding of sin, wickedness, and the havoc and heartache that they cause help us to better appreciate prayers like this?
- What are some ways we ought to respond to the reality of God’s righteous judgment? (In your own life? In your interactions with believers? In your interactions with non-believers?)
- Read Matthew 16:24-28 and Revelation 22:10-15. What “reward” is there for the righteous and how to we attain it?
- Take time in your community group to pray that fellow members of GCC would be spurred to evangelism and evangelistic prayer by the reality of God’s judgment, their passion for God’s glory, and their love for the unsaved.