+ Application Questions
- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- How has last week’s sermon on friendship been resonating with you throughout this past week? Have you had any specific circumstances when the Lord allowed you to apply a truth from the sermon to your life?
- How have you seen the subtle (or not so subtle) cultural lies concerning sex/happiness portrayed in media? How have you seen the damage these lies cause in the lives of others? How have these lies to influenced or impacted your own views on sexuality?
- When it comes to sexual temptation, what are some areas in which you’ve struggled the most? How have you fought the temptation in order to “stay away” from the allure.
- Read Colossians 3:1-5. Before we put to death sexual immorality, impurity, passion, etc., what must we do first? How does this focus enable/encourage us in our struggle against sin?
- Proverbs 5:12 references listening to instructors. Do you have close friends in your life that would speak truth to you if you were headed down this path? Do you have close enough friends to even be aware that you were headed down this path? If you don’t, how can you take a step towards closer, more vulnerable relationships this week?