- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read James 5:1-6. What sinful ways did these particular rich people use their wealth? How does this compare to how you use your wealth?
- In what ways might you be like the rich people in this passage? In what ways might you be like the oppressed?
- What truths in James 5:1-6 can be an encouragment to you if you are being oppressed, or treated unfairly?
- What does James 5:2-3 reveal to us about the nature of earthly riches? What are some ways you have seen earthly riches fail someone or do them harm?
- What does James 5:4 reveal to us about the nature of God?