- What is something God has been teaching you through your Bible reading this week?
- What is one truth or “take-away” from the sermon that you found particularly challenging/convicting/helpful?
- Read Ephesians 6:5-9. What does this passage say your motivation for work should be? What things typically motivate your work? Does this passage strengthen or challenge those motivations?
- How can your specific work accomplish God’s purposes for others? Give examples for your family, church, company, coworkers, customers, etc.
- How do you respond to or exercise authority in your work? How do you exercise authority? How does working under God’s authority affect your attitude towards those over you or under you?
- Read 1 Timothy 6:17-19. Does the way you approach work reveal that your hope is in uncertain things? How does hoping in God and working to store up godly treasure allow you to work joyfully?
- Read Philippians 2:14-16. What are some ways you could apply the principles in this passage to your work? What impact might that have on the people you interact with while working?